Luxury Properties In Puerto De Andratx
Unique luxurious property in prime location with sea view
Fantastic finca with fantastic harbor views in Port Andratx
Architectural masterpiece in a prime location in Port Andratx
Historic property with monument protection in a prime location
SECRET MARKETING: Innovative designer villa with sea views in Port Andratx
Property in Port D'Andratx: Everything you need to know
Traditional fishermen’s houses and luxury villas
The beautiful natural harbour Port d’Andratx, also known as Puerto de Andratx, is located on the western tip of Mallorca, about 5 km away from Andratx town. Around the harbour basin, nestled in the hilly foothills of the Tramuntana mountains, are some of the highest quality properties on the island.
If you want to buy an exclusive designer villa, an island-typical house, an elegant luxury estate or a high-quality apartment, surrounded by Mediterranean gardens and spectacular pool landscape, Port d’Andratx is the right place for you. In the harbour centre there are mainly apartments or penthouses with spacious roof terraces for sale, but also one or the other villa is offered there.
Along the harbour promenade there are exclusive restaurants, cafés and bars, which, in addition to delicious specialities, offer a wonderful view of the harbour and the daily hustle and bustle of maritime life. In the centre of Puerto de Andratx you will find elegant boutiques, shops and traditional fishermen’s houses that exude a romantic Mediterranean charm.
Club de Vela – One of the most attractive ports of Mallorcas
Port d’Andratx is today considered one of the most beautiful and elegant ports in the Mediterranean, which, in addition to a wide range of real estate, also has a professionally equipped and well-maintained yacht club with 475 berths. In addition to fishing boats, sailing ships and Mallorcan llauts, there are luxury yachts of superlatives here in the Club de Vela . Many owners of a luxury villa in Port d’Andratx also have their boat at anchor here.
Key data Club de Vela:
- Berths: 475 berths
- Draught max: 4,00 Meter
- Ship length max: 36,00 Meter
- Latitude:: 39° 32′ S
- Longitude:: 2° 23′ W
Location, location, location
… is one of the most important aspects for buying a villa, house or apartment in Port d’Andratx.
Due to the proximity to the Tramuntana mountains, there are hardly any properties on ground levelplots in Port d’Andratx. Buyers who are looking for a unique property in Port d’Andratx will certainly find it among the many luxury villas, houses and apartments located among the many a m hillside.
Over the years, architects have used the rocky coastal landscape as a spectacular backdrop for top-class villas and apartment complexes with infinity pool, dream gardens and underground parking. Likewise, the hillside location ensures a corresponding real estate orientation, which determines the solar radiation.
Properties in the southwest of Mallorca are among the most popular on the island, with Port d’Andratx being one of the most desirable and exclusive locations. The upscale lifestyle is reflected in the nature of the luxury villas and houses located there.
Below is a brief description of the preferred regions/territories.
- Monport: Prime location in Port d’Andratx. Here are some apartments in the predominantly traditional architectural style as well as exclusive villas. Orientation: Predominantly south, View: South view, Harbour and sea view
- Cala Marmacén: Central location of the extra class characterized by villas, apartments and penthouses. Orientation: South / Southwest View: Sea View
- Cala Moragues: Quiet location in Port d’Andratx where apartments and luxury villas have been built. Orientation: South / West / Northwest View: Sea view and partial view of the harbor entrance
- Cala Llamp: Close to the centre, slightly elevated position in Port d’Andratx. Ideal for buyers of a villa or house with unparalleled sea views. The west-facing properties enjoy the luxury of sunset in the sea. Orientation: South / Southwest / West. View: Sea view
- La Mola: Elevated position in the westernmost part of Port d’Andratx. Villas and apartments were built here in the past. Most with spectacular sea views. Orientation: All orientations View: Sea view / harbour view
- Can Borras: Village Mediterranean to rural region, which are interesting for prospective buyers for an island-typical villa or apartment. The center is within walking distance. Orientation: Mainly South / West View: Harbour View
- Las Brisas: Secure residential area in the best location of Port d’Andratx. If you want to buy a luxury villa of superlatives in Puerto de Andratx, you should find it in Las Brisas. Orientation: All orientations View: Harbour and sea view
- Puig d’Espart: Located directly in the port of Port d’Andratx, there are some apartments for sale as well as isolated houses and villas with an incomparable sea view and almost all day sun exposure. Orientation: Predominantly south / southeast View: Harbour view
- Coll d’en Baix: Rural region, partly within walking distance of the centre. If you want to buy a rustic villa, a finca or a house in Mediterranean style, you should look here. Orientation: West, Southwest View: Panoramic view and in places harbour view
- Port / center of Puerto de Andratx: walking distance to all local facilities, intact infrastructure for year-round use. Properties for sale directly in the harbor, such as a house, an apartment or a villa are highly sought after. Here interested parties have the following orientation: mainly north view: Urban / harbor view.
Port d’Andratx – A place with history
Even in ancient times, the fishing port of Port d’Andratx was a popular attraction for sailors and merchants from all over the world. But the visitors did not always come with peaceful intentions. Betweenthe 15th century. n the 19th century, the entire coast of Mallorca was frequently invaded by North African pirates.
Numerous defensive towers were built for protection, such as the watchtower “La Mola”, in Port d’Andratx, located 80 meters above the sea. The limestone tower, 15 m wide and 11 m long, served to defend the entrance to Port d’Andratx. Attackers were fired at from the watchtower with three largecannons. The tower is also known as “Torre de Sant Carles” and “Torre Vellad’Andratx”. Today, the area is known as the elite residential area of La Mola, where today there are numerous luxury villas and apartment complexes.
Of the 14 towers between the municipalities of Calvià and Andratx , 12 still exist today. In these rather rough times, the locals preferred to build villages and small settlements inland and within the protected landscape of the wild Serra de Tramuntana.
Historical documentation of Andratx, located about 5 kilometers from Puerto de Andratx, even goes back to the year 1236 AD. On the other hand, the history of Port d’Andratx is still relatively young and goes back little further than the 20th century.
Port d’Andratx – Real estate prices in the posh resort
The price of a sea view villa in Port d’Andratx usually exceeds the 2-million-euro limit. For the purchase of a new villa you have to expect at least 3,000,000 to 3,500,000 million euros. For luxury villas in the good locations, the prices know no limit. For apartments in the high-quality area, the purchase price claims are around one million euros.
The range of properties ranges from town or village houses to fincas with large plots and well-kept gardens to large villas with sea views and modern apartments in well-kept and secured community complexes. Only a few building plots are still available.
Of course, you can also eat, shop and enjoy first-class food in Port d’Andratx. That’s why there are many fine restaurants, elegant shops, trendy bars and clubs in the port city. In the summer months you often meet famous actors, politicians, top athletes and more. Many VIPs also settle in villas on the beautiful hills surrounding the bay of Andratx.
Despite the elegant flair that has moved into the former fishing village, this enchanting place has still been able to preserve a lot of originality and tradition.
The traditional festival in Puerto de Andratx in honour of the “Virgen del Carmen”, the patron saint of fishermen, takes place on July 16th and is an event not to be missed. After the evening mass, the festively decorated statue of the “Virgen del Carmen” is carried in procession from the church to a fishing boat. There she is accompanied by numerous boats decorated with flowers on a harbor trip.
Over several days, a varied program is offered, consisting of concerts, markets, a spectacular performance with horses on the harbor promenade and the island’s typical devil’s dance “Correfoc”. By the way, the tradition of correfocs dates back to the early twelfth century. The ball “de diables” – the devil’s dance – was then a traditional folk dance, which was performed in front of the nobility between the dishes of the feasts.
The Correfoc represents the battle between good and evil. A row of dancers dressed as devils wave their lit torch in the air and move in magical choreographies. The devils are accompanied by a band of bagpipers and drummers who mark the intense rhythm of the music.
Architecture and art in Port d’Andratx
Most properties embody the Mediterranean architectural style, which radiates a Mediterranean lightness and a cosy, rustic ambience.
In recent years, however, more and more properties of modern minimalism have emerged, characterized by clear geometric basic forms.
“Modern architecture is coupled with Mediterranean style elements”
In addition to the island-like Mallorcan architecture and the new modern houses, there is also extraordinary architecture in Port d’Andratx and some experimental architects have immortalized themselves in Mallorca.
DANIEL LIEBESKIND In 2003, the villa of the American artist Weil was completed. The villa was designed by US star architect Daniel Liebeskind, who has also designed universities in England and Israel as well as museums in Berlin, Manchester, Denver, Osnabrück, Copenhagen and San Francisco.
ALBERTO RUBIO Like no other, the architect Alberto Rubio has shaped the silhouette of Port d’Andratx. The architect’s luxurious villas are characterized by architecture reminiscent of the wings of the seagull. Sweeping – elegant roofs and the colour white characterise these extravagant villas. In Camp de Mar, too, the construction of three seagull houses has now begun.
SEBASTIAN KARIG The architect Sebastian Karig has also left his mark on Port d’Andratx. The Karig house, which is still in demand today, often designed like patios, combines maritime architecture with a high quality of living comfort.
The Russian architect PEDRO OTZOUP also left his mark here. He has designed some well-known residential complexes that are a bit reminiscent of Mexican pueblos. All units have different details, colors, and shapes, which is particularly noticeable in the terraces, chimneys, windows, playful wrought-iron decorative elements and colorful ceramic figures.
What are the advantages of buying real estate in Port d’Andratx?
- 30 minutes to Mallorca airport
- Close to golf courses – Golf Camp de Mar – Golf Santa Ponsa
- 10 minutes from the tennis center in Paguera
- Various national and international schools nearby
- Good bus connection
- Year-round infrastructure
- Varied cultural offer
- No mass tourism
- Attractive marina
- Cafes & Bars
- Numerous restaurants
- Fine boutiques and furnishing shops
Activities around Port d’Andratx
The port city of Port d’Andratx has so far been spared from mass tourism, so it impresses with its quiet location. The bay of Andratx is ideal for sailing and diving. Golf courses in Camp de Mar can be reached in a few minutes. Golf de Andratx is considered one of the best golf courses in Mallorca.
This place is also attractive for hikers and cyclists, as from here you can start fascinating tours through breathtaking landscapes. Of course, the best time for hiking is in spring or autumn, when it is not so hot on the island. From spring to autumn, the Margarita excursion boat sails from Puerto de Andratx to the island of Sa Dragonera.
On the so-called Dragon Island – today a nature reserve – old lighthouses, medieval defensive towers and some rare animal species can be seen.
Art & Culture
The sights of the city of Andratx are:
- The church of Santa Maria d’Andratx,
- the Church of the Virgin of Carmen in Port d’Andratx,
- the church in S’Arracó church,
- Castillo de Son Mas (the town hall of the current municipality in the rooms of the castle)
- Andratx Castle and the former Trappist monastery of La Trapa, now in ruins.
- The legendary Argentine theatre from 1912 is one of the city’s lost former icons.
- Contemporary art is exhibited at the CCA Andrax Cultural Centre (Centro Cultural Andratx) in Sa Coma, north of Andratx.
- The Liedtke Museum in the harbour and the architecturally remarkable
- Studio Weil.
If you can’t find the right property in Port d’Andratx, you should look at alternative properties in the surrounding villages: